Do you ever feel unmotivated? Do you ever feel so overwhelmed that your art feels like yet another MUST in your life, just another thing in an impossible list of things you need to do.
What if there were a technique to help you break through that resistance, a powerful and easy way to shed those feelings of overwhelm, to take off the pressure, and start making artistic progress immediately?
Welcome to the power of creative sprints!
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode.
- Why sometimes you don’t do the work, despite your passion.
- What a creative sprint is and how it can help you break through artistic resistance.
- Whether or not the famous Pomodoro® Technique is right for you.
- The type of timer you should use for a sprint.
- How you can use sprints to supercharge creative problem solving.
“There’s something about putting a short time frame on a job that takes off the psychological pressure.”
“Because here’s the magic of a sprint: Often once you break through that resistance and start working, you’ll get into a state of flow, and you won’t stop. You’ll keep going.”
“And best of all, you will have a feeling of accomplishment and you will have started to create momentum. And when that happens, you are going to begin to feel less overwhelmed and more excited to jump back in and keep making progress the next day.”
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Deep Work by Cal Newport: https://amzn.to/3MX7ssI
- The Pomodoro® Technique: https://francescocirillo.com/products/the-pomodoro-technique#
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
If you liked this episode, I would love your feedback! Please subscribe and leave us a review in Apple Podcasts. I would love to thank you in an upcoming episode! 🙂
Please connect with us on our social channels.
- YOUTUBE (watch excerpts from the show): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWpwCpfHcSZJgxyVWbUiORQ
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/adamtoporek/
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/adamtoporekartist