Is it time to step away from your art? It’s one of the most difficult decisions an artist can make, and today, you’ll learn how to know if the time is right.
Stepping away from a project can be powerful and can be just the medicine your project needs when you are no longer making progress or feeling stuck. However, it’s often difficult to know if the time is right. Are we giving up too soon or have we finally reached the point where stepping away is the best solution?
In today’s episode, you’ll learn the following:
- Why taking a break is important
- A cure for feeling stuck
- How fresh eyes equals fresh perspective
- What a lack of enthusiasm might mean
- Why you should run away from negative feelings
“We’ve been so focused on the details that we lose perspective…we lose a sense of the big picture of what we’re trying to create.”
“You make a bunch of changes, then the next day you undo them all. You work for days or weeks on a certain approach or angle, then one day you wake up and you hate it.”
“When your lack of enthusiasm converts into negativity, it is time to step away—and fast … You don’t want to associate pain or bad feelings with the project.”
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
If you liked this episode, I would love your feedback! Please subscribe and leave us a review in Apple Podcasts. I would love to thank you in an upcoming episode! 🙂
Please connect with us on our social channels.
- YOUTUBE (watch excerpts from the show): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWpwCpfHcSZJgxyVWbUiORQ
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/adamtoporek/
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/adamtoporekartist