What does it mean to explore different artistic passions? Our guest, Sara Jillian, shares her life of creativity and how she has explored writing, illustrating, acting, being a clown and more.
An artist from a young age, Sarah learned how to embrace her creative nature, and she shares with us the events, challenges, and lessons that brought her to where she is now.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn…
- If you should focus on just one art form.
- The challenges of distraction for artists.
- Being authentic when taking on a character.
“My advice would be, whatever you choose to do, whatever art form you choose to do, just don’t ever give up, whatever it is, don’t ever stop, don’t ever think you’re on the wrong track…”
“I was in the swimming pool, swimming when I came up with the idea for my books, and it was in my mind and it drove me nuts, and I was like I have to get dressed really fast, I have to run home…”
“I didn’t take clowning to acting, I took clowning to writing and illustrating”
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield https://amzn.to/3Gd8akh
CONNECT WITH SARAH JILLIAN
- YouTube: Sarah Jillian
- LinkedIn: Sarah Jillian
- Instagram: @thatsarah1234
- Twitter: sarahjillian71
- Facebook: Sarah Jillian
- TikTok: sarahjillian71
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
If you liked this episode, I would love your feedback! Please subscribe and leave us a review in Apple Podcasts. I would love to thank you in an upcoming episode! 🙂
Please connect with us on our social channels.
- YOUTUBE (watch excerpts from the show): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWpwCpfHcSZJgxyVWbUiORQ
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/adamtoporek/
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/adamtoporekartist